Sunday, January 25, 2009

It isn't only a dream

There is only one thing rarer in sleep than to dream we are sleeping, and that is to dream that we are dreaming. --Chassidic Saying

While awake I always dream of that time-in-between-time when everyone else is asleep and its quiet and I can do what I want w/o watching the clock. But my 3 little kids take turns waking up at night and I rush to their side. Look at the clock: midnight, 2 am, 3 am, 4:30 am, 6am husband wakes up...so I force myself awake not knowing how I'm going to make it through the day... but Ill work w/ what Ive got. I dont really know when Im sleeping and when Im not.

Last thursday a lovely post by Rachel Howard on Illustration Friday made me consider sleeping again.. I wanted to be in this dreamy picture:



...and I slept last night a whole 3 hours straight and then some... and this morning I found an animation that dreams are made of:



seriously I cant believe this stuff is out there. It makes me endlessly happy!

No comments: